The TLS Christmas Program…
…gets its own section!
The TLS Christmas Program is scheduled for the evening of Friday, December 15. TLS students’ attendance and participation is expected. The program will consist of two parts:
- 6:30 PM (Undercroft) – Preschool through 2nd grade will be singing an assortment of Christmas music.
- 7:00 PM (Chapel) – 1st through 8th grade will be singing as part of a Christmas Choral Vespers service. All are invited! The service should last approximately half an hour.
- 7:30 PM (Undercroft) – Join us for cookies and cocoa, provided by Trinity’s PTL!
**Any help with clean-up and take-down afterward would be greatly appreciated!**
- Join us at the Barnes & Noble Book Fair fundraising event on Sunday, December 10! TLS students will be singing in the store for customers starting at 1:00 PM— please wear your Trinity shirts! This year we have the opportunity to sit at a wrapping table and wrap gifts for donations. Please reach out to our PTL chair, Elon Christianson, if you have any questions.
The online book fair will be open December 10-15. Go to BN.com/bookfairs and shop as you normally would. When you check out, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “add/edit” on the “apply to book fair.” Enter Trinity’s book fair code (12274759) and apply.
- There will be an Advent Midweek Service next Wednesday, December 13, at 6:30 PM, with a light meal beforehand at 5:30 PM. All are welcome! This is a great opportunity for school families to visit a service at Trinity! These Midweek services will be held every Wednesday until Christmas.
- Kids don’t need to bring a lunch to school on Thursday, December 14— this is the annual Grinch Lunch, provided by the Trinity PTL! The students look forward to this fun event every year. (NB: Due to budgetary constraints, this event is limited to TLS students and faculty/staff only.)
- Christmas Break begins Monday, December 18, and lasts through Monday, January 1. The first day of school in the new year will be Tuesday, January 2.
Subscribe to the TLCS calendar with iCal or Google Calendar. If you need assistance subscribing to the calendar on your computer or mobile device, please contact Trinity’s webmaster.
Memory Work: Week of December 10
Liturgical Week: Second Sunday in Advent (Populus Zion)
Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God’s truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs, and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, “Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name.” (Romans 15:8-9)
The Third Article: Sanctification – I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
What does this mean? – I believe that I cannot by my own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ, my Lord, or come to Him; but the Holy Spirit has called me by the Gospel, enlightened me with His gifts, sanctified and kept me in the true faith. In the same way He calls, gathers, enlightens, and sanctifies the whole Christian church on earth, and keeps it with Jesus Christ in the one true faith. In this Christian church He daily and richly forgives all my sins and the sins of all believers. On the Last Day He will raise me and all the dead, and give eternal life to me and all believers in Christ. This is most certainly true.
View the complete text of Martin Luther’s Small Catechism with Explanation here.
Questions? Simply reply in the comments to this post, and I will do my best to answer your question or direct you to the right person.
TLS Dean of Academics