Greetings to all TLS families and friends!
I’m very pleased to announce that we will once again be having the Biscuits & Gravy Charity Breakfast at Trinity this year, headed up (as always) by the incomparable Ted and Dori Mueller— proud TLS grandparents and ardent supporters of our school. More details to come, but here is the 411:
- Saturday, September 14, 7:00-10:00 AM
- Trinity Lutheran Church & School Undercroft
- Adult tickets are $10 a piece; tickets for children 7-12 are $7 a piece; children under 7 eat free with a paid adult
It takes an army of volunteers for this kind of event to succeed. An army of volunteers stepped up last year, and— Voila!— the event was a huge success: we raised over $3,000 and purchased some beautiful new roller blinds for our south-facing classrooms (Ms. Turner’s and Mrs. Pollom’s rooms):
This year’s charity breakfast is going to be an even bigger success. For one, we know that we’ll have another army of volunteers— we even had a few sign-ups on Registration Day. We’re going to take the momentum we gained last year and capitalize on it.
Secondly, we just got some extraordinary news that will add some serious motivation to our momentum:
Many of you probably know that the venerable Doran Arp Lummis— a TLS-alumnus, longtime beloved member of Trinity Lutheran Church, and well-known Laramie County philanthropist— went to be with the Lord back in May at the age of ninety-one. He is greatly missed, but a legacy of good works follows him and lives on in the Christian charity of his children:
The Lummis family is going to match what we bring in with this fundraiser … up to $12,000!
$12,000 might sound like a pie-in-the-sky goal, but I, for one, don’t believe that it is. We’d like to bill this event as a Biscuits & Gravy Charity Breakfast + Back-to-School Pledge Drive— a unique opportunity to double your gift to Trinity Lutheran School. Together we can raise $12,000 in ticket-sales and tax-deductible charitable donations— I know we can!
What are we raising funds for?
- #1 Fundraising Goal: Construction of a permanent timber-framed awning over the entrance to the west end of the school building (where we currently have an aging carport!)— an artist’s interpretation based on the architect’s sketch is coming soon! Goal total: $6,000+
- #2 Fundraising Goal: Help defray the cost of a new secure network for the school. A network is a tool that all of our school personnel rely on for their daily work— our teachers, our aides, our administrative staff, Pastor…and especially our hardworking secretary, Marge! And it’s no secret: our network is greatly in need of a professional rebuild. Ancillary benefits of a new, professional-grade secure network include the ability to do high-quality AV streaming of school events, PTL meetings, etc. Goal total: $15,000+
- #3 Fundraising Goal, a.k.a. The Leftovers: If we were to succeed in exceeding both of the aforementioned goals, we would really love to spruce up the Ellwein Memorial Library, beginning with some new paint and carpet.
At Back to School Night (that’s Thursday, August 21 @5:30 PM in the TLCS Undercroft), Ted and Dori will be with us to do the official launch of the Biscuits & Gravy fundraiser, same as last year. They’ll provide some more details about the event, and every TLS family will receive a ticket packet. We look forward to seeing you then, and we look forward to this banner fundraiser which is sure to get the 2019-2020 school year off to a superb start!
Your servant in Christ,